Tuesday, February 3, 2009

Team Camp

So this past weekend was team camp. I rode down on Friday afternoon with David Forkner, and Josh Whitmore. We met the team at the Donaldson Center and went on a 2 hour team ride followed by dinner. On Saturday the team did the UWBL, which was 104 miles. There was a bad accident in the first 10 miles and it involved one of my teammates and also my coach Jim Cunningham. He ended up with a concussion and the doctor said no riding outside for 90 days. Get better soon Jim! After the ride on Saturday we met at Carolina Triathlon to have dinner and have sponsors talk to us. Sunday we had a delicious brunch at my teammate Paul Mills and his wife Carolines house. That was one awesome brunch. That was followed by a 2 hour team ride. I am really looking forward to this year and being part of such a great team and great teammates. We also got our team helmets, socks, and water bottles this weekend. Hopefully we will have our kits for the spring training series. The teams website is up, and you can visit it at www.teamglobalbike.org. It is still under construction but the sponsors and such are on there. My winter training is going great and I will be at the Greenville spring series to test out my form.


Josh driving the sag vehicle. Knee surgery had him out.



No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page