Sunday, March 30, 2008

Assault on the Carolinas

I decided to brave the cloudy skies, the chance of rain, and cold weather to do the Assault on the Carolinas. Part of me wishes that I would have not have done it. We started the ride and it was a good fast pace until we hit the first big climb of the day Walnut Cove. That climb separated the field into a bunch of different groups. I managed to go over the top with the lead group of about 25 guys. After the climb it started sprinkling and then it started lighting. After that the skies opened up and we got poured on. For about 20 miles I could barely see in front of me. I made it to Caesars Head with the lead group of about 25 riders. I Rode up the climb at my own pace with 2 other guys and came over the top about 5 minutes back from the lead group. We got to where we were supposed to turn and the policeman made us turn right instead of left. Oh man that caused some problems. We ended up having to ride an extra 12 miles and and extra 35 minutes. It was still a great ride and I felt really good. I'm excited about this up coming weekend and racing in Rock Hill.

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page