Tuesday, March 11, 2008

Last Weekend of Greenville Spring Series

Sunday March 9th
This race went awesome for me. It was at the Donaldson Center and I figured since it was free to enter I would do the Juniors race. In the first 2 miles of the race I attacked hard and was off the front. I thought to myself "sweet i'm off the front, but wait can I hold it"? Turns out I could. By the end of the first lap the field was no where in sight. By the middle of the second lap I figured all I had to do was hold my pace and no one would catch me. Third lap started and I knew I had the race won. I came across the finish line and out my hands in the air. It was the coolest thing that has ever happened. I had always want to win by a solo breakaway. I waited for 8 minutes before the field came across the finish line. So far the season is going good for me. My next race will be in April in Rock Hill.


The Win!

Me Hammering

Sat March 8th

Todays race was the River Falls Road Race. The course really suited me. It was a 6 mile loop with a one mile climb at the finish. I felt really good today and thought I would have good results. Well I was wrong. At the start of the race it was sleeting and really cold. I was wondering exactly what I was doing racing. The first left I felt incredible and I was sitting comfortably in the top 10. We hit the hill really hard and already people were falling off the back. Towards the end of the second lap I hit a big pot hole and my wheel locked up between my brake calipers and was way out of true. I had to stop and get off my bike to try and fix it. I managed to fix it good enough to ride back the the start finish line. I bailed out of the race do to the problem and figured I better save my energy for Sundays race.



1 comment:

Adam Penny said...

Dude, you are a Cat. 3 (at least). USCF just has not recognized it yet.

 
Locations of visitors to this page