Thursday, August 7, 2008

National Crit

So today was the National Crit. There were 134 riders that started the race. We did 30 laps which was 50km. I felt really strong and was able to move around easily and even went to the front to help pull breaks back. I was getting really confident with 2 laps to go that I might be able to get a top 5 but I used a lot of energy bringing back the 6 guys that were up the rode. Once I brought the break back guys countered and I could not go with it. With 1 lap to go 6 guys were up the rode once again and the field pretty much gave up on chasing them. Coming around the final turn some guy slid out right in front of me which slowed me down a little but I still managed to get 23rd. I am pretty happy with that but bummed because I felt really strong and could not get a higher result. The road race is on Sunday so hopefully I will get a good result from that. I'm feeling really strong and I think I can get a top 5.

-Andre

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page