Monday, February 25, 2008

BMW Performance Center Feb 24th


Today my girlfriend Morgan and I went to the BMW test track to do some more racing. I was feeling pretty good coming off a win the previous day. I had high expectations to finish well. I did a good warm-up on the trainer with Calum and decided to go down to the track and get to the start line. I looked around and I saw a guy by the name of Ben Gabardi, Ben is the reigning national champ in the 13-14 year old time trial and Crit. He was surrounded by 3 of his teammates from the Hincapie Barkley team. I knew it was going to be a fast race and I knew there were going to be some hard attacks coming from the Hincapie Team. About 2 laps into the race a hard attack was launched by one of the Hincapie boys. I found myself bridging up to him and looking back with a good gap on the Field. We eventually got caught and once again another attack was launched, this time I didnt have enough strength to go with it. Two of the Hincapie boys managed to escape, one of them being Ben Gabardi. I decided to just sit in and contest the sprint for 3rd knowing there was no way we were going to catch the guys up the road. On the last lap I found myself up front and on the last turn I stood up and sprinted as hard as I could beating the field by 2 or more bike lengths. It was a great race weekend and I cant wait to do it again next week!

No comments:

 
Locations of visitors to this page